Most of us keep a bottle or two of spray-on stain remover around the house. This stuff can be invaluable when it comes to removing stains on our clothing. But sometimes the best stain removers are products you wouldn’t normally think of for fabric treatment! Check out this list of unusual stain fighters from Bonnie Brite Cleaners, the Queens laundry service that’s been fighting stains for over 40 years:
- Salt. Salt can be a great stain fighter as it soaks up excess liquid so it doesn’t get into the fibers of your clothing or carpets.
- Cola. The same stuff you drink can be used to fight stains like red wine. Like it might not be the best solution for a white silk blouse, it’s been known to work on many other clothing items.
- Corn starch. Mix a paste of cornstarch and water and apply to the stain. When it dries, it should take the stain with it.
- Hairspray. Have an accident with an ink pen? Soak it in hairspray, the cheaper the better. The hairspray will help prevent the ink from setting in so you can soak it out.
- Aspirin. Grind it up and apply with water to sweat stains to remove them from your favorite t-shirt.
Have other ideas? Leave them in the comments! If none of these work for you, though, our Queens laundry service can help. Give us a call and arrange for pickup and delivery of your laundry today! We’ll get all of those stubborn stains out and send your clothes back to you looking like new again.